If you are a fan of Mass Effect 2, you might want to customize your game experience with the Gibbed Save Editor. This tool allows you to edit various aspects of your character, resources, paragon/renegade points, credits, and more. You can also edit Mass Effect 1 events and add squad members and complete their loyalty missions with a simple click. In this article, we will show you how to use the Gibbed Save Editor for Mass Effect 2.
Step 1: Download and Install the Gibbed Save Editor
The first thing you need to do is to download the Gibbed Save Editor from one of these sources[^1^] [^2^]. The latest version is 2.0.x and it works with both the original and the legendary editions of Mass Effect 2. You will need a zip file extractor to open the downloaded file. Once you extract the file, you will see a folder called \"Gibbed.MassEffect2.SaveEdit\". Inside this folder, you will find the executable file \"Gibbed.MassEffect2.SaveEdit.exe\". Double-click on this file to launch the save editor.
Step 2: Load Your Save File
The next step is to load your save file into the save editor. You can do this by clicking on the \"Open\" button on the top left corner of the save editor window. This will open a file browser where you can navigate to your save file location. The default location for Mass Effect 2 saves is:
- For original edition: Documents\\\\BioWare\\\\Mass Effect 2\\\\Save
- For legendary edition: Documents\\\\BioWare\\\\Mass Effect Legendary Edition\\\\Save\\\\ME2
You can also use the \"Browse\" button on the bottom left corner of the save editor window to quickly access your save folder. Once you find your save file, select it and click on \"Open\". The save editor will load your save file and display its information on the right panel.
Step 3: Edit Your Save File
The final step is to edit your save file according to your preferences. The save editor has several tabs that let you modify different aspects of your game. Here are some of the tabs and what they do:
- Basic: This tab lets you edit your character's name, class, level, experience, origin, background, gender, face code, and appearance.
- Raw: This tab lets you edit any value in your save file using hexadecimal codes. This is for advanced users only and requires knowledge of how Mass Effect 2 saves work.
- Squad: This tab lets you edit your squad members' names, classes, levels, powers, weapons, outfits, and loyalty status.
- Plot: This tab lets you edit various plot flags that affect your game's story and outcomes. You can use Bioware's plot database[^3^] to find out what each flag does.
- Inventory: This tab lets you edit your inventory items, such as weapons, armor, upgrades, resources, credits, and medigel.
To edit any value in your save file, simply click on it and type in a new value or select an option from a drop-down menu. You can also use the \"Search\" button on the top right corner of the save editor window to find a specific value by name or code. Once you are done editing your save file, click on the \"Save\" button on the top left corner of the save editor window to overwrite your original save file or click on \"Save As\" to create a new save file.
The Gibbed Save Editor for Mass Effect 2 is a powerful tool that lets you customize your game experience in many ways. You can use it to change your character's appearance, skills, resources, squad members, plot flags, and more. However, you should be careful when using this tool as it can also cause glitches or errors in your game if you edit something incorrectly. Always make a backup of your save file before using the save editor and use it at your own risk. aa16f39245